?

Log in

The Sept of the Three Old Oaks
An ancestor and Rites 
27th-Dec-2008 10:13 am
Henry nude
Once again, the Sept's assembly area has been prepared for use by Henry and the Kin.

On one side of the assembly area's tree, an open fire pit was been constructed by stacking old bricks to form a low circular wall. A spiral, wrought iron bracelet is suspended over the fire on a polished wooden staff supported by two forked branches. A shirtless blond in leather pants tends the fire, occasionally feeding in a piece or two of wood to maintain the fire.

It's still early so the assembly area is still almost deserted. Henry, nude and painted with a multitude of symbols and designs, sits on a cured deer-skin mat and looks at his bag of runes.

**This time I know who it will be - Seigfried Thunder-Claw.**

Leaving the bag where it sits, Henry starts chanting....

*****

A bit over three hours later, Henry is no longer seated, though the cast bones are still where they fell. Other items have joined them on the deerskin - items of personal importance to various Kin, including a Purple Heart medal, an old hunting knife, and a old framed black and white photograph of a man in a military uniform.

There is an audience seated around the tree, watching the proceedings. A red-headed usher seats a late arrival. While the assembly area is by no means full, a the number respectable number of Kin and Garou seated is respectable.

With a sense of resolve, Henry begins to wrap up his Rite of Summoning. "Seigfried Thunder-Claw, Full Moon of the Fenrir, I call on you..."

((OOC: Henry needs to pierce the Gauntlet first: Spending a Willpower; Gnosis roll of 6d10: 2,2,3,5,9,10. For the Summoning Rite, also spending a Willpower, difficulty reduced by three for spending three hours on the rite, and by whatever the GM determines is appropriate for Henry's preparations. Wits+rituals roll is 7d10: 3,4,5,7,7,9,10))
Comments 
28th-Dec-2008 03:06 pm (UTC)
As Henry finishes the rite, there is silence for a heartbeat or two. Then a cold wind whistles around the assembly area. It seems to spiral into a column, and then becomes the translucent form of a muscular man with a mane of hair and a thick beard. He wears the scars of many battles proudly, and an iron pendant incised with runes hangs around his neck.

"Who calls me?" he asks in a deep, rumbling voice that carries a hint of a growl.
29th-Dec-2008 01:14 am (UTC)
"I am Henry Eriksen, known as Guards-the-Kin among the People, nephew of..." Henry slides into the rhythm of his introduction, the familiarity of the words giving him a chance for some private thoughts while still introducing himself.

**Wow, look at those scars. And the pendant is interesting - as is he....**

Henry finishes his introduction, "...Godi of the Get of Fenris."

"But despite being the one who has called, I am not the important one here. Gathered before you are many of your descendants, friends and family, Get of Fenris and our friends, the Fianna, they live and work together here, Garou and Kin alike. I have called you so that you can meet them, perhaps speak with some of them, to see why I hold them in great stead, and why I think they are worth of your favor."
29th-Dec-2008 01:15 pm (UTC)
Thunder-Claw looks at the gathered Kin and Garou and grunts. "The favor of the Fenrir is not easily given, young Godi. It must be earned." His gaze seems to bore into Henry. "What have they done to merit such a gift?"
30th-Dec-2008 02:27 pm (UTC)
Henry does not flinch from his gaze. "Our Kin here perform duties that other Septs require Garou to do. They fight alongside us and are an integral part of the Cairn's defense. Despite not having the speed and strength of Garou, our Kin have fought on the front lines, some dying as heroes, taking out multiple foes with their last efforts when their post was overrun."

"Our Kin defenders even include those younger than I. My cousin..." Henry says, pointing out Gretchen. "Has killed a impressive number of Wyrm-foes, even by Garou standards. And she took out her first Fomor foe in hand to hand combat, fighting alongside my Pack."

"Because of their efforts, our Cairn is still here and growing stronger, while two of the nearest Cairns have fallen to the Wyrm."
1st-Jan-2009 12:08 am (UTC)
Thunder-Claw looks at Gretchen thoughtfully. "You prove yourself worthy of your blood, many times great-granddaughter," he says with just a hint of a smile. "I am sure your children will be just as courageous."

He grunts at Henry's speech. "A pretty speech, young one, but why have you called me?"
1st-Jan-2009 01:45 pm (UTC)
Thunder-Claw looks at Gretchen thoughtfully. "You prove yourself worthy of your blood, many times great-granddaughter," he says with just a hint of a smile. "I am sure your children will be just as courageous."

Gretchen looks at her ancestor with awe. "Th-thank you, sir," she says after a perceptible pause. She draws herself up as straight as she can, then, and her voice is steadier. "You can count on me."
1st-Jan-2009 03:36 pm (UTC)
Henry gives Gretchen a smile and nod before replying to Thunder-Claw.

"Part of our strength as Garou is that we can reach the Umbra. Kin can easily fight with us here, but the Umbra's a different story, right?"

"But what if it wasn't, and Kin could reach their own their own? That would give us a tactical and strategic advantage."

"With your help, we can have Kin join us Garou in the Umbra." Henry gestures over at the fire, and the wrought iron bracelet hanging over it. "Our Kin and I have worked hard to make you a suitable home, that you would aid us by helping to create a fetish that would enable Kin to step into the Umbra."
1st-Jan-2009 11:20 pm (UTC)
Thunder-Claw shows his teeth in a ferocious grin. "You live up to your name, young Godi. Very well. I will accept your offer - on one condition."
2nd-Jan-2009 02:27 pm (UTC)
Henry grins back, though his grin seems more amused than ferocious. **It's like dealing with my Uncle.**

"All right, what is your condition?"
2nd-Jan-2009 02:41 pm (UTC)
"You are the first of my descendants who has called upon me in many hands of your years," Thunder-Claw replies. "There is no glory in your name not being remembered." Pause. "I will lend my power to your Kin if you give my name to the first son you have. Are we agreed?"
3rd-Jan-2009 12:05 am (UTC)
"It is a fair price, and I have no problem with it," says Henry. "However, as this is a price for Kinfolk and I think there are some Kin here who are likely to want to have a say in naming a son of mine. So...."

Henry turns to face the audience. "Kathleen, Abby - do you wish to wish to stand with me?"
3rd-Jan-2009 12:44 am (UTC)
From where she's sitting with the rest of her family, Kathleen stands up and says in a clear voice, "I'll stand beside you forever, Henry." She takes a deep breath and then adds, "Even to the end of the world."

She looks at the imposing figure of Thunder-Claw and bows respectfully. "Thunder-Claw-rhya," she looks at her Garou relatives for confirmation on the address before continuing, "if Gaia gives Henry and me a boy, I would be honored to name him Seigfried, for you." Though her speech lacks the polish of her full-blooded relatives, there's no mistaking her sincerity.
3rd-Jan-2009 12:46 am (UTC)
Abby moves over to stand beside her cousin. "That goes for me, too," she says in a quieter voice, but with no less conviction.
3rd-Jan-2009 12:54 am (UTC)
Thunder-Claw grins wider. "These two are as strong in their way as you are in yours, young Godi," he says with a rumbling chuckle. "I see why you hold them in such high regard!" He regards all three of them with a level gaze. "See that you keep your promise, young ones. I will be watching." Then he returns that gaze to Henry. "We have an agreement, Godi," he says with that ferocious grin again. "Complete your task, with my blessing."
This page was loaded Feb 25th 2017, 8:22 pm GMT.